What are Lightroom presets?
Lightroom presets are like filters that make your photo look a certain way. When editing my images I adjust many different things in Lightroom to achieve the look I want. As soon as I finish editing the image and I like the way it looks, I save it as a preset. Therefore I can go back and save time on other edits using the preset I saved. The presets I use for my professional photography along with my social media are the ones I am selling in my shop.
How do I retrieve the presets once purchased?
You will receive an immediate email after payment is completed containing a link to download a zip file to your laptop or desktop computer.
What program is needed to apply my presets?
The presets are designed to be used in Adobe Lightroom Classic desktop version for OSX and Windows. If you don’t have Lightroom yet, you can find it here.
Can I transfer the presets if I get a new computer?
After downloading the zip file you should back it up onto an external hard drive. You can do this by duplicating the folder and dragging it to the external hard drive.
HOW TO IMPORT PRESETS TO LIGHTROOM CC (mobile version)
Adobe just announced the ability to sync presets from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC Mobile using the Lightroom CC desktop app.
This allows you to use the same presets from the desktop app in the mobile app, with just a few simple steps.
How to Install Mobile Lightroom Presets
1. Open the Lightroom CC Desktop App
Once launched, the Lightroom CC app will automatically sync your presets and profiles from Lightroom Classic.
At this point, as long as your Lightroom CC Mobile app is synced to your Creative Cloud account, the presets you use in Lightroom Classic should show up in the app.
If the sync does not happen automatically, or you need to add new presets in the future, you can continue following the steps below.
2. Click File > Import Profiles and Presets
Click File > Import Profiles and Presets.
This will open your folders where you need to find the Settings folder.
For Mac users you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + G to open the ‘Go to folder’ dialog, then paste this string in to get there: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings
For Windows users you can paste the following string in, replacing username with your username, to get there: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Setting
3. Open the Lightroom CC Mobile App
This is where things can get a little tricky. For me, the presets synced pretty easily, but a lot of users have reported problems here.
You need to make sure you’re logged into your Creative Cloud account. The same CC account as your Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC desktop apps, if you have multiple accounts.
Once signed in, you can navigate to a photo and click the ‘Presets’ icon to find your synced presets. Your presets will show up below the section that features Curves, Grain, Sharpening, and Vignetting.
4. Organizing & Managing Mobile Presets
Steps 1-3 are all you need to do to use mobile Lightroom Presets. Technically you can even import preset files directly into the Lightroom CC desktop app and sync them to Lightroom CC Mobile without ever using Lightroom Classic. However; you’ll still always need Creative Cloud and the Lightroom CC desktop/mobile apps to complete the process.
You can also manage your presets to keep things organized in both apps by clicking the three dots icon and selecting: Manage Presets
5. Start Using Your Presets!
You’ve officially completed the steps to sync Lightroom Presets from Lightroom CC on the desktop to Lightroom CC Mobile. Now you can start using your mobile presets for Lightroom!
HOW TO IMPORT PRESETS TO LIGHTROOM
1. You must have a subscription to Adobe Lightroom and a computer to download and use the presets.
2. After you purchase these presets, you can download them directly from your confirmation email.
3. After downloading them from the confirmation email simply double-click the folder which will be located in your “Downloads” to unzip the files.
4. Open the folder to find 20 .lrtemplate files.
5. Open the Lightroom app, and click “Lightroom” in the top left corner on the navigation bar. Select “Preferences”, then “Presets”, then click on the folder “Show Lightroom Presets”.
6. After that you double click to open the “Lightroom” folder, then double click to open the “Develop Presets” folder.
7. Copy and paste your presets from the “Downloads” folder into the “Develop Presets” folder.
8. Completely exit out of Lightroom and the presets should be there when you re-open the app.